• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Raystorm on p8z68-v pro HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wizh

Registered
Hi again.

Finally got all my stuff that I had you guys help me with.

Now I have a huge problem. I can't seem to get the 1155 backplate to stick properly on the back of the motherboard. I heard other people have problems with this too. What way should the backplate be oriented? I have the revised backplate: http://www.google.dk/imgres?q=1155+...w=157&start=0&ndsp=73&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0,i:68 (the one in the middle).

How am I supposed to put this thing on??? Is it incompatible with my asus p8z68-v pro gen3?

Is it a problem if I let the backplate without the white stickers to protect the "sticky" part?

Thanks in advance.

I never stick the backplate on the motherboard. It will never come off!. Your best bet is to use tape to hold it in place while you mount the block.

Incase of motherboard failure you can remove easily remove the backplate to RMA.

I would also think the middle one is it. It should fit one way or the other without knocking into any of the resistors in the back. If it does not, then contact XSPC. It's supposed to fit without issues.

Thanks a lot for your fast reply. That sounds like a good idea. So I should just remove the tape when I'm done mounting the block?

Are you saying that this could cause my motherboard to fail?

I would also think the middle one is it. It should fit one way or the other without knocking into any of the resistors in the back. If it does not, then contact XSPC. It's supposed to fit without issues.

Well it doesn't stick. Do I have to remove more than those white round stickers?

Well if the backplate makes contact with any of the little black resistors or the solder points, it will short out killing the board.

Don't peel the film off the backplate, leave it on. Any tape will do to hold it in place. I used blue painter's tape and left it on. Doesn't harm anything ;) Besides, it's in the back between the board and the case. No one is going to see it.

No, leave the white round ones on too.

Well if the backplate makes contact with any of the little black resistors or the solder points, it will short out killing the board.

Don't peel the film off the backplate, leave it on. Any tape will do to hold it in place. I used blue painter's tape and left it on. Doesn't harm anything ;) Besides, it's in the back between the board and the case. No one is going to see it.

No, leave the white round ones on too.

Well I did already remove them as I tried to put on the backplate. I can stick them on again and use tape no problem if that is what you say I should do? :)

Well what's going to happen is once that sticky part is holding onto the board, it will be a pita to remove the backplate. Ontop of when removing the backplate not all the sticky will come off. It'll break off the backplate and stay stuck on the board then you're going to have trouble getting it off to have the board clean.

Well what's going to happen is once that sticky part is holding onto the board, it will be a pita to remove the backplate. Ontop of when removing the backplate not all the sticky will come off. It'll break off the backplate and stay stuck on the board then you're going to have trouble getting it off to have the board clean.

As said my problem really is that I can't even get it to stick to the board, no matter what direction I turn it in. So should I just apply tape (how much and where?) and let it be? :)

Thanks for your patience, I know I'm so silly.

The holes on the backplate must match up with the holes on the board with no obstructions whatsoever. The backplate must not make contact with anything.

As long as the holes match up and nothing is knocking into plate, then all you need to hold it in place is tape. Once the block is on, the bolts will hold the backplate in place with the pressure.

The holes on the backplate must match up with the holes on the board with no obstructions whatsoever. The backplate must not make contact with anything.

As long as the holes match up and nothing is knocking into plate, then all you need to hold it in place is tape. Once the block is on, the bolts will hold the backplate in place with the pressure.

Thanks so much for your help. I will try to do that ;)

Also, I can't seem to install the x2o 750 dual bay res/pump in my 500R as I can do with a dvd drive. It doesn't snap with the toolless mounting that the case has. Should I create a new topic for this problem?

Hmm, you might have to remove the tooless mechanism to that bay and use old fashion screws to mount it.

I had the same problem with a fan controller and my CoolerMaster Cosmos 1000. I removed the tooless locking mechanism in that bay and I just used screws to mount it.

Hmm, you might have to remove the tooless mechanism to that bay and use old fashion screws to mount it.

I had the same problem with a fan controller and my CoolerMaster Cosmos 1000. I removed the tooless locking mechanism in that bay and I just used screws to mount it.

Will do.

Should this taping be ok: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/96/img0025tv.jpg/

I did remove the one in the top left corner from the hole :D

Yup, that'll be fine. You just want the tape to hold the plate in place while you mount the block on, that's all. :thup:

I've placed the block but I cant seem to get the screws in the mounting holes from the backplate?? They are not long enough :/

What shall I do?

Oh I see that the backplate has lowered about 3-4 mm in the two holes I cant fit. Do I need to remove the block and thermal compounds from both block and cpu to refit the backplate? :/

Nevermind. Sorry for spamming. I just lifted the case and pushed the backplate :D

Should I tighten all the bolts so I cant do it any more with m fingers?

I've placed the block but I cant seem to get the screws in the mounting holes from the backplate?? They are not long enough :/

What shall I do?

Ok, the bolts come with a set of springs, you'll have to press downward to compress the spring some in order for the bolt (screw) to reach the backplate.

Well you don't have to remove the thermal grease from the cpu and block to refit if you're careful not to get it all over the place or touch it. It's awkward I know.

As for tightening: use a criss-cross pattern like an X.

Well you can go almost all the way. The springs will put the needed pressure. For me I go all the way, then back off 2 turns on all 4 bolts. :)

Well you can go almost all the way. The springs will put the needed pressure. For me I go all the way, then back off 2 turns on all 4 bolts. :)

Well, thanks so much for your exprtise. I'll return if I encounter any other problems ;)

Back