• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help laptop boot problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

c00l3st

hi guys good day to everyone.

i got a problem with this dv3-2108tu "HP" laptop.
memory test passed both sticks.
i can install os both xp and win7.

the problem is whenever it shut downs it takes an hour to boot. and sometimes it doesn't. i ran a hdd test using Insydeh20 short test passed now its stuck on 1015minutes estimated time and 0% for the long test.
i ordered a new hdd thats my last option for the problem.
the thing is the bios is saying it's factory installed OS is vista ? is this why im stuck everytime i boot with win7/xp ? do i have to get back to vista ? i tried removing cmos battery and nothing gets reset.

i ran out of options googling this problem for a solution does anyone have any idea on this ?

edit : i got a new toshiba 320gb hdd installed and currently installing windows 7 "starter" and see if it all works as ive read on the hp support site that this laptop can only support win7 32bit.

Last edited:
it was really strange. the old hard drive i took from there passed every single test i did. im planning to plug that hdd on my desktop pc so i can test it. i don't get it. .but now the laptop is working so 50$ is okay.

Back