• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with h100!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RL600

So I want to buy a h100, but I had a couple of questions.

1. Some sites say there is thermal paste on the h100 others say it isn't there. So what is right? If there isn't thermal paste on it, which should I buy.

2. I want aftermarket fans which should I take? I have no idea. The only thing I now that I want them really quiet (if possible of course) and 4 of them for push/pull.

Thanks

RL600

1, it is there. the thermal paste is even pre-applied, so just wipe the cpu clean and strap right on. (and yes, remove the plastic first.

2, depends what you are looking for. performance, quietness, or a mixture of both. The stock fans performs decent, but comes with noise. it is a common thing to replace them. To know about which fan to buy, you need to know what each offers.. here's a quick guide for you. http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=709786

Thanks for your reply,

I'm currently reading your guide (IT IS REALLY AWESOME).
That thermal paste is that good enough or would I buy another one?

RL600

the thermal paste is not bad.
above average

that being said, you can drop 1-2'C if you use PK-1 instead. :)

An H100 for a basic setup has good enough paste to start with. Your perfectly fine.

Now, when you spend $700 on a WC loop, and need every C and have maxxed out fans and still want to post beter benching scores, then yes, find a better paste.

Your just getting addicted, no need for the hard core stuff yet.

Conumdrum speaks the truth there.

I went down that path, and became an addict.
.. and once you walk down that path.. there's no going back.

Adictions .... what, who around here ..... no way. :chair:

Up it isnt hard to fall down that path and like bluezero said there aint no coming back.:shock: Mygirlfriend is quiet about it but I sometimeswonder what she thinks.:p but then again ...... :shrug:

Adictions .... what, who around here ..... no way. :chair:

Up it isnt hard to fall down that path and like bluezero said there aint no coming back.:shock: Mygirlfriend is quiet about it but I sometimeswonder what she thinks.:p but then again ...... :shrug:

my significant other had complained about my addiction...

I told her, "hey, at least I am staying home!"

and she was okay with that. :p

back to the OP.

with the H100, I remember 1 thing that should be mentioned.
with the H100, it is important to have the Radiator on TOP of the chassis, as the liquid in that system isn't very full. (if you shake the rad, you can hear a clear 'swashing' sound, if full you will hear nothing), so if the radiator is mounted below the pump, you will risk having LOADS of air bubble in the Pump block, which can cause poor performance or hurting the pump.

I have an H80 and I'm pretty happy with it so far. Since I heard the stock paste is actually pretty good so I left it on when I mounted it.

As far as the fans go, I replaced the stock fans with a paid of AP-15 Gentle Typhoons.

I don't know if this made much of a difference but I also bought some of these little washers from the hardware store and put them on the mounting screws between the fans and the side of the rad. (to create a little space between the rad and the fan)

FuQ4G.jpg

I found that it makes the sound smoother/more stable and might also reduce the dead spot a bit. They're about a millimeter or so thick. They're the same as the ones that came to go on the outside of the case. They were only about 6$ for a pack of 10 washers. So it's another thing you might want to try when you replace the fans.

For fans I would recommend the COOLER MASTER R4-BMBS-20PK-R0 Blade Master 120mm Case Fan. They have one of the highest static pressures on the market of 3.90 mmH2O of air pressure and they cost 11.99 without sales. When pushing against a flat radiator grill that static pressure is what you to force the air thru they are also PWM which works withs the H100

Independent testing or Cooler Master's testing? Fan specs are often exaggerated. +1 to the AP-15s mentioned before, great balance of airflow, pressure, and noise.

Ye, we went through a massive laugh oooo-matic on one of the Coolermaster fans. Enough where they only lied about 50% on the capabilities of the fan. They even updated the specs on ther web page we slammed them so hard.

If you use NewEgg or some other retail site for reviews, then you got 50% fools and 30% that have no clue.

Sorry for the late reaction, but thanks for all the help guys.

I will look to all the specs and recommadations.

Back