• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pump noise - air bubbles?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wizh

Registered
Hi, again.

I've gotten so much help from ya'll and I'm so happy for this community.

My pump/res is the XSPC X2O 750 dual bay pump/res.

Eariler, I was adviced to fully bleed my loop to get rid of the pump noise. However, I think I might have let the pump suck so much air in when tilting the case as the res was only filled like 7/10.

I can see airbubbles sticking to the pump and underneath. There's like a hundred tiny bubbles just sticking to it, not swirling around. Would you think that's the problem?

Would the only way to get this fixed being draining/refilling the loop - and would this even fix it?

Also, is it just supposed to be that loud? It is clearly the loudest component in my case. And the funny thing is I all this watercooling to get a more quiet rig - it's excatly the opposite.

Thanks in advance.

I can see airbubbles sticking to the pump and underneath. There's like a hundred tiny bubbles just sticking to it, not swirling around. Would you think that's the problem?

Thats normal, they will go away with a little time. Fill up the res all the way. Bay reservoirs are usually loud, no rubber between the vibrating motor and the res or case.

Thats normal, they will go away with a little time. Fill up the res all the way. Bay reservoirs are usually loud, no rubber between the vibrating motor and the res or case.

Well what is "a little time"? Should I just have the system running 24/7? I mean like, it's really, really loud. Not something I can live with for sure, and I doubt it's normal for this res/pump.

I could upload a video?

It just saddens me a bit, as when I turn off the pump, the rig is completely silent with my pwm f-12's :/

Well what is "a little time"? Should I just have the system running 24/7? I mean like, it's really, really loud. Not something I can live with for sure, and I doubt it's normal for this res/pump.

I could upload a video?

It just saddens me a bit, as when I turn off the pump, the rig is completely silent with my pwm f-12's :/

Alot of people have complained about that pump/res combo being to loud, if it is air on the impeller the only way to get rid of it is to fill it it up all the way and start and stop the pump, the micro bubbles may take a few days to get rid of.

I am not familiar with that pump / res combo but I went through the same thing the other night with my XPSC res with a D5 Vario pump making gurling noise when air bubbles got caught up in the impeller. Fill your res to the top and run the pump turning it on and off tilting your PC and res if you have enough free play to allow bubbles to escape. when things get quieter let the pump run over night to allow the bubbles to disapait. The little bubbles will eventually collect and disapate once you get the bubbles out of your system. Dont let you fluid level get low enough to suck more air into the system or you will have to start again overnight.

Yea, we talk about bumping the pump and you can squeeze tubing to shut flow down, then release, it breaks bubbels loose. Then it's a timing issue to squeeze and wait, squeeze, you can see the bubbles in the res rise to the top and are gone. Bumping works the same way once the loop is filled. A tap on the side of the rad with a screwdriver handle helps. It's these teeny tricks you learn to do that hopefully should be in a sticky. Small thngs like this are learned over time.

And yea, I even had teeny bubbles in an old loop that made a vortex as it went into my GPU. I could see it. I worked the bubbles out over a few DAYS and it was fine after that. I couldn't see the bubbles in the tubing or res, but the high velocity and the way it came out of a 90 fitting it made a cool looking vortex. All these fun things make water cooling a .........

Hobby, you learn so much and feel good when you make it and fix it.

Back