• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are these temps safe for an I5 2500k 3.6ghz?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dsentinus

Hey there guys, just been playing Darksiders 2 and Max Payne 3 a bit, and my i5 has been getting up to 81 degrees after 2 hrs of Max Payne 3.
Everything is maxed except MSAA which is at 2x
Are these temps safe?

:welcome: !

Which cooler are you using? Those temps are quite high for anything but the stock cooler. If you are using the built in cooler (the one that came with the CPU) those are a little warm but not unusual.

For what its worth the settings (graphical) in Max Payne (or really any game) have little effect on the CPU temps unless it has more physics to control, it would mostly depend on the graphics card.

Without knowing anything about your system or current voltages at that clock, the Vcore at 3.6GHz while under 100% load shouldn't need to be any higher than the VID of the chip, which on average is between ~.9 - 1.15V for a 2500K.

Like everyone has baisically said without knowing your system exactly... it's a little high but I mean if it got too high it would shut off so if you have never had a problem with your PC shutting off mid-game then you are good :)

Cheers guys, its on the stock cooler core is at 1.075. I can see a s*itload of dust in there which im gonna clean up when i get home. Sorry i dont know how to find my motherboard build im a complete noob haha.
Also getting some hot *** weather which could be affecting it?
Its a bit overclocked at 970 core aswell.

What are you using to measure the temps?

I would double check that it is seated properly (not loose).

If you built the computer yourself I would think you would know /have a list of parts that you bought? Or was it pre built?

Back