• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1100T vs 8150

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
FX-8xxx series is fine. Thing with Bulldozer is that performance drops when you start taking away cores.

8xxx series: 8 core integer, 4 core FLOP
6xxx series: 6 core integer, 3 core FLOP
4xxx series: 4 core integer, 2 core FLOP

It's mostly with only having two cores available for FLOP calculations that things may start to choke a bit on games.

Its the usual story, depending on what benching software and games you use it shows one or the other in a favorable light.

this one seems to show The FX-8150 comparable to the 2500K and on top with the two games they used, there are other games like F1 2011 ecte..... which also show it better than the 2600K, which i'm sure are true just as others are true in what they chose to use for reviewing.

Funny thing is you never have seen many F1-2011 CPU tests done other then that one, this despite it being a fairly popular game.

In the end there is probably nothing fundamentally wrong with the chip, it just needs a bit more work / optimising.

Piledriver is a result in that and i'm looking forward to upgrading my Thuban with it. Let me say that much :)

Last edited:
Back