• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PhotoSmart Drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RockerGuy

Hi Guys,

I bought a HP Photosmart and apparently they don't have drivers for XP 64. I've called tech support but they can't help me. They told me they don't make drivers for xp 64.

I don't wanna return the printer because it was just $25 and it's a hell of a deal, really nice printer.

The weird thing is, the installer will work with Vista & Win 7 at 64 bit, I don't see why it shouldn't work with xp 64. It also works on XP 32.

So my question is are there any tech savvy ppl who can help me or re-engineer the installer for me?

Thanks alot in advance.

Here is the drivers/installer:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...kId=135&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=4023244

Ps. u have to select Windows 7 or Vista in order to locate the drivers

i would just install the vista drivers and give it a try might work..
or just try the xp 32 bit driver.

i would just stop the instalation when it starts then go to "my computer" and select your dvd drive and right click it and select "open" browse for the drive you want to try and run it by clicking on it. or alternately stop the install when it starts go to "control panel" then "device manager" then look for your product and use the update drivers menu to look for the driver on the disc you want to try.

i would just stop the instalation when it starts then go to "my computer" and select your dvd drive and right click it and select "open" browse for the drive you want to try and run it by clicking on it. or alternately stop the install when it starts go to "control panel" then "device manager" then look for your product and use the update drivers menu to look for the driver on the disc you want to try.

Tried that

Back