• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC wont shut down properly

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MrRoyalZz

Hi, so ive been having issues with my computer not shutting down after I press the "Shut Down" button on the start menu. Ive been searching the web for any clues on why this is happening but most of it was usually the power options. The options are all set to shut down and not anything else. Aswell there were other threads about the IEEE 1394 host bus controller node and doing something with that, but it doesnt appear in my device manager.

My pc specs are:

Asus P8Z77-V Pro motherboard
i7-2600k Cpu
Nvidia Gtx 570 graphics
Corsair vengeance 8gigs (4x2) DDR3-1866 ram
OCZ 750W power supply

Hi, so ive been having issues with my computer not shutting down after I press the "Shut Down" button on the start menu. Ive been searching the web for any clues on why this is happening but most of it was usually the power options. The options are all set to shut down and not anything else. Aswell there were other threads about the IEEE 1394 host bus controller node and doing something with that, but it doesnt appear in my device manager.

My pc specs are:

Asus P8Z77-V Pro motherboard
i7-2600k Cpu
Nvidia Gtx 570 graphics
Corsair vengeance 8gigs (4x2) DDR3-1866 ram
OCZ 750W power supply

Actually the Os shut downs and nothing appears on my monitor, its just the desktop tower is still left on and running.

Which OS are you running? And just a FYI... instead of adding another post only a minute or two apart from the one prior, you can just use the Edit button located in the lower RH corner of your posts.

how long is that OS installed? might be a corrupted OS, i might be wrong but that happened to me in the past and it only disappeared when i reinstalled it. might also be a driver issue. hve you overclocked that system?

Ive installed the OS a few days ago, but it shouldn't be corrupted and i haven't had any other errors other than this one. Haven't overclocked my PC as well, so i just hope its a driver issue.

So Apparently, clearing CMOs did the trick for me. I hope it wasn't anything in the BIOS that was the problem because I didn't touch it, and my system isn't even overclocked

Back