• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgraded OpenWRT on my TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND now I have no Web GUI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oni

Oni-ni-Kanab;, Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
Can someone help me out? Their wiki pages are a labyrinthine maze of confusion. I can access the router through putty, and it works fine, but the Web GUI doesn't work.

Have you tried to re-flash it via tftp? I had an issue with a bad flash once and had to do a tftp upload of the firmware again and then the gui worked. Worth a shot.

Doesn't matter anymore. Power kicked in the middle of a flash and completely bricked it. The only way I can unbrick it is with a hard-to-find cable and a lot of soldering.

Picked up a WRT54G on eBay a couple minutes ago for $25. Hopefully I'll have better luck getting dd-wrt on that than I did trying to update OpenWRT on this thing.

It's a shame though. It was a pretty great router.

On forums for that kind of stuff, you're very likely to find a buyer for semi-dead hardware. I already have more routers than I know what to do with, or I'd offer to take it off your hands :)

Back