• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking intel core to duo e7500 @2,93 Ghz. Need your help guys..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nubiehack

Hello guys I'm a newb in this overclock thing, I need your help to overclock my 2,93 Ghz e7500. I currently use motherboard msi g31m3-ls v2, my vga is his 6870 iceq x 1 Gb. and I also have 4 gb of ram (ofc DDR2). 500 w 80+ psu.
Haven't buy any HSF or another fan (I like to take advice from you guys about this)

I know it's quite old for some of the part like proc, board and ram :p
I'm also a gamer, hardcore one :p . I want to play games like BF3 or guild wars 2 / diablo 3 in high settings. I need your guys recommendation about:
1. How many Ghz of processor should I increase to decrease the bottleneck (3,5 or 3,7 maybe? idk)
2. Is this board allows me to overclock my processor?
3. Is 500w enough to do something like this?
4. Last but not least, recommend me few budget but good fan for my processor to reduce the temp

I appreciate any help. Your suggestion will be very helpful to me. And I hope I can maximize my pc and take it to another level. :D

The BIOS for that board only allows increasing the FSB, changing the FSB : DRAM ratio, and changing the CAS Latency. With no voltage adjustments available, all you can do is raise the FSB while keeping the effective DRAM frequency at or near what your modules are rated at, then test for stability w/ Prime at each stage. Start w/ a FSB of 300MHz (300 x 11 = 3.3GHz), and increase in steps of 5-10MHz at a time.

just about any aftermarket cooler with heatpipes will keep that thing cool and heres a link to the oc guide for those chips if you have any more specific questions lemme know

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=515316

thank you so much for the link, long but nice article. having a good time by reading it although I haven't finished yet. btw the iteration test must a pain in the *** :p

The BIOS for that board only allows increasing the FSB, changing the FSB : DRAM ratio, and changing the CAS Latency. With no voltage adjustments available, all you can do is raise the FSB while keeping the effective DRAM frequency at or near what your modules are rated at, then test for stability w/ Prime at each stage. Start w/ a FSB of 300MHz (300 x 11 = 3.3GHz), and increase in steps of 5-10MHz at a time.

oh thank you, now I see that I can't do any voltage adjustment. Based on the article I've read, it means more heat right? kinda sad but, I guess fan is another solution. What do you think?

could pad mod for voltage :thup: :D
what is pad mod you're talking about by the way? sorry for my noobness, yes I'm new but I'll try to learn :p

by the way I'm thinking deepcool gammax 300 processor cooler for my low budget (perhaps very low for you guys here) processor cooler. What you guys think?
Any other suggestion?

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=586108

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5921783&postcount=56

there are some examples you can use a conductive pen to do this ive always just soldered it but its hard to keep it flat enough to not mess up the pins, and hard to get it off without messing up the pads when you dont want it anymore

hey nice trick you've found there. Thanks for the link. But I don't think it's really noob friendly :"( I'll try to learn about those tricks but I think I just can't mess up with it, I mean for now lol. Do you think a fan can handle the heat? I'm about to OC to 3,6 if it's not too much

Last edited:
where are you located and how much does that thing cost?

ah ok i just looked up a review on it doesnt seem too bad :D should be plenty for that chip

ah ok i just looked up a review on it doesnt seem too bad :D should be plenty for that chip
Okay that's another person suggestion.
Maybe I like to know your suggestion about processor cooler. which one should I buy. I mean for person with knowledge and experience like you, It will be helpful :D Just name me few (about 2 or 3) if you don't mind of course. I'll take it as consideration. oh the budget? no more than $20 please sir, but I can go more if it's worth it :D

Since your chip will never see higher than default Vcore, I can't see spending money on an aftermarket cooler. That is unless of course you decide to do a Vcore pad / pin mod sometime in the distant future.

Since your chip will never see higher than default Vcore, I can't see spending money on an aftermarket cooler. That is unless of course you decide to do a Vcore pad / pin mod sometime in the distant future.

oh cannot readjust the vcore means it can't go higher than default vcore?
I thought it's set to auto which I can't manually adjust it for "minimizing vcore" to reduce the heat, but computer still can adjust it by itself (auto) whenever I increase CPU multiplier or FSB. I thought I lost somewhere here, sir

Last edited:
Back