• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Huge problem P8Z77-V PRO/THUNDERBOLT, Socket-1155

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zethes89

Hi there, so ive had the P8Z77-V PRO/THUNDERBOLT, Socket-1155 for some months, and its awesome!

Today tho i was going to reinstall windows on my computer, and when i get to the first screen where you choose installation language etc, my mouse and keyboard stops working. Tho they do work in bios. I tryed to but the usb legacy settings to off, i altso tryed to alter the hands off setting.

Any idea about what i can do here :S?

Hi there, so ive had the P8Z77-V PRO/THUNDERBOLT, Socket-1155 for some months, and its awesome!

Today tho i was going to reinstall windows on my computer, and when i get to the first screen where you choose installation language etc, my mouse and keyboard stops working. Tho they do work in bios. I tryed to but the usb legacy settings to off, i altso tryed to alter the hands off setting.

Any idea about what i can do here :S?

Try plugging them into the black USB ports.

47073.jpg

Yeah i dont think that is going to happen :p

Try the other ports if you havent already... or a PS/2 keyboard. Im not sure if there are USB3 drivers installed at that time is the problem.

Well windows is alrdy on my computer, but i need to reinstall it. Altso it's a custom build, and i did use this keyboard the first time i installed windows. I do not own any ps/2 devices

I could reinstall the usb3 drivers in windows, but doesent the keyboard run from bios when reinstalling windows from dvd boot? Since there is settings for usb3.0 legacy support in bios

User's manual
ASUS Q-Shield
4 x SATA 3Gb/s cable(s)
2 x SATA 6Gb/s cable(s)
1 x SLI bridge(s)
1 x Q-connector(s) (2 in 1)
1 x 2-port USB 2.0 and eSATA module(s)
1 x ASUS Wi-Fi GO! card(s)
1 x Wi-Fi Ring Moving Antenna(s)

use that

User's manual
ASUS Q-Shield
4 x SATA 3Gb/s cable(s)
2 x SATA 6Gb/s cable(s)
1 x SLI bridge(s)
1 x Q-connector(s) (2 in 1)
1 x 2-port USB 2.0 and eSATA module(s)
1 x ASUS Wi-Fi GO! card(s)
1 x Wi-Fi Ring Moving Antenna(s)

use that
Winner winner, chicken dinner!

is that on the mainboard? And do i connect that to my maxi-tower, or can u plug the keyboard directly into it?

You should have a header on the mobo (see manual) to plug your usb/estat module in to, then plug your USB device into that.

lol i had my gtx 670 oc windforce connected to a 4x pci-e 2.0 channel. shame on me for that aswell, reading the manual now to find those damn connectors

Ehhh, arent both slots PCIe3 with an Ivybridge CPU? If you are running Sandybridge, all your slots are 2.0.

The bios indicated, and the manual said that port one can run 16x or 8x in dual mode, same for port 2, but the last black one is reserved for 8x or 4x. When i was in bios earlier today, it said 4x on my gfx card

Back