• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Idle voltage higher than load, is this normal?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

D.Jackson

Registered
I've gotten a very stable 4.4 (thanks for the great stickies btw) but when I'm just sitting idle my voltage jumps up a little. Is this something I have set unnecessarily? Left is under P95, right is idle desktop.

Attachments

• zpuzz.png
    zpuzz.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 469
oops i meant llc needs to be kicked in :rofl: my bad!

All power saving features turned off except Speed Step and vcore set (not auto or offset) could be the culprit.

Oh crap. This is NOT my day.. I read it wrong. I should step back from the forums today.... :p

yea it is probably LLC kicking in :D

Oh that makes sense. Any circumstances where I should change it from level 3 (of 5)?

Edit: Let me check all my power saving options, pretty sure I didn't miss any. Vcore is fixed, let me check for speedstep, not sure about that one.

Last edited:
All power saving features turned off except Speed Step and vcore set (not auto or offset) could be the culprit.

If you are stable, it doesnt matter. You may be able to lower it to allow for more droop, if you are stable. :thup:

Speedstep was enabled. I've got no change with it disabled though. If it's not a big deal I don't mind leaving it. ED, I will poke around with it and edit this with results. Thanks gentleman!

Update: I disabled spread spectrum and set the LLC to level 5 and it's dropped my under-load voltage to 1.24 with no effect on idle voltage. Currently blending and stable so far. I think I might enjoy this more than playing the games I'm overclocking for in the first place heh.

Last edited:
Back