• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair H100 Installation Question?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Media

I am going to install the Corsair H100. I was curious how tight to turn those screws on the pump assembly? Finger tight? I know it also has flathead to use a screw driver but idk how much to tighten these. Definitely do not want to over tighten these and screw something up. H100 owners, please let me know! Thanks

Use the screw driver and snug them down pretty good.

The way the bracket is designed you can't really over tighten them.

Obviously don't go cranking on them like you're tightening lug nuts or something... But get them good and snug.

Use the screw driver and snug them down pretty good.

The way the bracket is designed you can't really over tighten them.

So like finger tight than a turn or two of the screw driver? Being a car dude, I'd love if Corsair said the FT/lbs for the screws lol

LOL... Look at my Edit... Kinda funny that you say you're a car guy!

Anyway... You shouldn't be able to turn them much more than you can by hand.

The way the bracket is designed it tightens down onto the "collars" that come through the board. They will reach a point where the screw just won't turn anymore. You're done at that point.

LOL... Look at my Edit... Kinda funny that you say you're a car guy!

Anyway... You shouldn't be able to turn them much more than you can by hand.

The way the bracket is designed it tightens down onto the "collars" that come through the board. They will reach a point where the screw just won't turn anymore. You're done at that point.

I am. Cars first, than electronics second. But alrighty, can't wait. I feel like a kid at Christmas waiting for the build to get here. I really hope all 18-pieces of my new rig are not defective.

Back