• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Power Supply Calculater

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pacothedagon

Registered
Does anyone know a accurate power supply calculater because iv tried a couple and ive gotten completely different W amounts and this is something i really want to be accurate on?

http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculator.jsp

Most accurate would be to calculate it yourself. CPU should be easy to find, if you search it on Newegg, it will list the TDP in the product name. NVIDIA has the TDP of all their cards on their website. AMD, Wikipedia has a lot of them. Add those up, and add another 40W or so for everything else, and that's how much your build will draw at stock settings.

Yeah, the PSU calculators often overestimate your needs if you are talking about quality, brand name PSUs by people like Cosair, Seasonic or Antec. With the cheap ones, probably not true as the cheap ones typically grossly exaggerate their wattage claims.

CPU graphics with a GFX card

i have a amd cpu that has integrated graphics and i was wonding if i were to buy a another graphics card of the same series or the same one if it would read both when gaming?

You can use a 6450, 6570, or 6670 and enable AMD Dual Graphics mode, and games will use the power of both the video card and the integrated GPU.

You just have to put in both GPUs, download AMDs normal GPU drivers and the Crossfire drivers, and then it's an option in AMD Catalyst Control Center.

Thank you and how do you start a new thread i forgot and thats why i had to ask a new question on a old thread?

Back