• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how can i overclock my msi motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jvm12

i have a CPU intel Core i7-3770s @3.10GHZ
with 32GB ram, i have a msi motherboard Z77A-G45
my question might sounds dumb but,:confused: how can i overclock it? or what are the BIOS settings to make it overclocked
any help?:shrug:
thanks!:)

Last edited:
Raise the mulitplier is how you overclock.

Set your vcore to 1.3v start with 40x multiplier (4ghz) and increase until it doesnt boot, then lower the multiplier one and see if it boots. Stress test and if its stable... enjoy!

Keep temps around 90C or less when stress testing and all will be well. What cooler do you have? The stock one? If so, set to 1.2v and 4Ghz and see where that takes you.

Here is a guide on SB, the concepts are the same, just the voltage will be a bit lower. Dont enable PLL override as it says though.

Your broad supports MSI's Utility "Control Center" Download that (Link to Download). In this program you can monitor your ram, processor and fans. It allows you to adjust processor ratio(OC Ghz(x33=3.3Ghz)), voltage, fan speeds, and check temps. Its a great program, id try and use that for a simple solution. It even has an automatic OCer which controls voltage change/fan speed/OC speed for an easy plug and play type OC. Its under the Green tab on the top of the programs menu.

With the newer technology most of the time you won't even need to access the BIO's to OC, they have programs that will do it for you.

Good luck!

Your broad supports MSI's Utility "Control Center" Download that (Link to Download). In this program you can monitor your ram, processor and fans. It allows you to adjust processor ratio(OC Ghz(x33=3.3Ghz)), voltage, fan speeds, and check temps. Its a great program, id try and use that for a simple solution. It even has an automatic OCer which controls voltage change/fan speed/OC speed for an easy plug and play type OC. Its under the Green tab on the top of the programs menu.

With the newer technology most of the time you won't even need to access the BIO's to OC, they have programs that will do it for you.

Good luck!
While true, its best to overclock using the bios. If you leave voltages on auto it tends to overvolt in favor of stability. :thup:

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=716353

Listen to the master ^^

My way is just a easy way out of messing around in BIOs until i get enough time to learn what i'm doing!

Back