• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i3 3220 vs i5 3450

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Velnias

Hello everyone, i'm building a new pc for myself, and i'm stuck at the CPU+GPU, can't decide what to choose, and can't find the feedback i want. So basically i'm thinking of getting either i3 3220+7850 or i5 3450+6850. Mostly i will be playing dota2/cs:go (source engine) and i can't decide which is better. My budget is low, can't go higher than 400 pounds(living in UK atm) and i'm reusing my old HDD. Any feedback on these two CPU's would be great, espacially on how they work with source engine.

i3:
i5:

P.S. I know that i3 rig's psu is ****, will be changed.

Velnias, please create only one thread per topic. I've deleted your duplicate thread in the General Hardware forums.

Since this is a gaming system I would have to say go with the more powerful video card and the Intel® Core™ i3-3220. I would make sure that you pick out a solid board like the ASRock Z77 Extreme4 to match up. It will also allow you to upgrade to a processor like the Intel Core i5-3570K in the future.

I've built it with H61 because i'm very tight on budget and can't let myself go further than 400 quid. Do both builds look good? I mean are they gonna work without issues etc?

I would go with this. $650 is equal to 400 pounds.

Doesn't really matter what it is equal to. People not in North America frequently get shafted on prices when retailers just replace $ with £ or € without bothering to change the numbers.

Does newegg send their stuff to UK for free? Or they take some cash for it? Or do they even send it there? Sorry for being annoying

Back