• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can this setup run 6 monitors?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yup it aughta :) need a 3x3 instead of 2x3 :D jejeje

Thanks funsoul,

If I was to get bigger monitors such as say 22 inch - would it take more to run that or does the size of the monitor not make any difference>?

Thanks funsoul,

If I was to get bigger monitors such as say 22 inch - would it take more to run that or does the size of the monitor not make any difference>?

its the resolution that matters not the size :)

Thanks wagex,

The res of each monitor is 1280 x 1024

So what would a 2 x 3 screen setups actual res be? And would I not get 1080p?

Depending on which way you mounted your monitors it would be.

Landscape 3840 X 2048

Portrait 3072 X 2560

Either way, more than 1080p

Sounds good. Anyone able to recommend a stand for 6 19 inch monitors?

1) It can't break the bank
2) There shouldn't be gaps in between screens
3) The 4 side screens should be angled not flat

1) lol........ it's going to be expensive. HERE is a place to start.
2) You will be setting the spacing yourself on pretty much all multi mounts.
4)Again.... pretty much standard.

Yeah think that's what I'll do. With 2 x 7850's what sort of performance can I expect to get on a game like BF3 at it's max settings?

I would look on Ebay or Amazon as I did. Any other place seems outrageous where you'll pay more for the VESA mount than you spend on the monitors. Of course, not all mounts are created equal but c'mon, its just some stamped steel or aluminum with bushings. Some move more freely while others are stiff, but I'd rather it be stiff since I don't move em around once the monitor(s) are positioned.

Thanks pole,

The other question is does 3 monitors actually look and game better than 6? There are alot of bezils in the way when you run 3 x 2

id think 3 monitors would be better for fps's otherwise your redicle would be cut across the middle

That's my worry. So would three monitors without a stand actually look better on most games than 6? Because the middle bezel would cut out alot of the games. I'm undecided.

Hi knufire,

I would like to have the simulation feel that you would get with 3 screens.

Would my single 7850 be able to run 3 22inch monitors in eyefinity to a high performance on modern games?

Back