• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best 680 card out there!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drivingdroids

Registered
Hey guys, i need help purchasing a new 680 card. These are the cards im considering:

Gainward GeForce GTX 680 Phantom

Asus GeForce GTX 680 DirectCU II OC 2GB

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 680 WindForce 3x

Thank you.

i would go with a EVGA i know you didn't mention one of there's but i still believe they have one of the better customer service departments if something should go wrong with the card, not to mention there cards are fantastic.

as far as your list i would go with them in this order 1.ASUS, 2.Gigabyte 3. Gainward
as far as the gainward ive never personally owned one and have not ever heard anything bad about them.
Personally i stick with the major brands as they are less likely to close up shop if sales are not as expected that year and leave everyone with no warranty like many of company's have in the past.

I 2nd the vote for an EVGA but if that's out then go with the Asus. What resolution are you gaming at? If more than 1920x1080 AND you play games like Skyrim or BF3 then I'd think about one of the 4GB models.

Back