• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MVP and video cards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Archer0915

"The Expert"
So has anyone seen any reviews of a video card that goes into low power mode using MVP and the z77 chipset?

I just want to move a 465, 9800 and 2500K from my daughters current gaming rig to something that will run a little cooler and quieter.

All video cards will work with MVP in just that exact way. During desktop mode and standby the power draw is significantly reduced. During gaming some games may have the absolute smallest loss in performance but in many games there is a slight increase in performance. Also the performance losses noted in reviews seem to be at very high frame rates anyways which really I think has more to do with the virtual vsync dropping frames on purpose. I doubt that at a lower frame rate the performance would actually be impacted.

Technically speaking it would create some sort of video lag but I doubt it is a lot.

If you pay the electric bill it is worth it.

I have a P68 and the MVP version is crippled compared to the z77 which is absolute BS go Intel. If I had a z77 I would use MVP for the power saving and the virtual vsync. Being that I do not get vvsync with the p68 version I have decided not to use mvp

Back