• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

any results from the Alpha 8942 yet?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hi lyle, Welcome to the Forum,
probably this is the right link, supposing that you are looking for the Alpha Pal8045 cooling performance ;)

No, he's looking for stats on the PAL8942 - a Pentium IV socket 478 heatsink.. sorta like the PAL8045's BIG BROTHER.

:D

I'm interested in how well it performs, too. Although - I'm sticking with my AMD for now and a while longer, too.

Thanks dabhpr for your info, this is the first time that I heard of this HS ;)
dabhpr said:
No, he's looking for stats on the PAL8942 - a Pentium IV socket 478 heatsink.. sorta like the PAL8045's BIG BROTHER.
:D
I'm interested in how well it performs, too. Although - I'm sticking with my AMD for now and a while longer, too.

Yes, I want the P4 results. I've been away from the forums for a long time. I used to post when the forums were under the old format, back in the 20th century.

I have an 8942 on order, can't stand the high pitched fan whine coming off of the Sunflower, so I'm back to Intel stock for now. I used to have AMD boxes but VIA chipset problems motivated me to switch back to Intel. I do know that the PAL8045 with Sunon 39CFM fan on my ex-Tbird 1400 did NOT significantly improve the temps versus the SK6 with a Sunon 26CFM fan. I think maybe 1 or 2 deg C. And to boot, the SK6 was easier to remove.

I just want to see if anyone has any results yet. If I do not get significantly better temps, I may have a PAL8942 for sale soon.

Well, considering that you are an old member, please let us know the cooling performance of this new HS ASAP, coz Alpha is known to be one of the best ;)

Thanks, Adriano.

And for all the Guys & Gals interested, follow a pic of this HS that seems to be really close to the Pal8045, we hope the cooling performance too ;)

Back