• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will the GeForce 6XX be certified by Adobe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eskimochaos

Will the 600 series of cards be certified by Adobe for OpenCL use in CS6? Nothing on their website has made it clear one way or another.

Thanks.

Will the 600 series of cards be certified by Adobe for OpenCL use in CS6? Nothing on their website has made it clear one way or another.

Thanks.

OpenCL is not very strong in GTX 6## series cards and OpenCL has already been codded into CS6, i would have thought if they intended it they already would be certified. :shrug:

don't nvidia have CUBA for that?

The GPGPU compute aspect of the 600 series is not very good. That said my GTX 460s support OpenCL under photoshop, your 6xx card should also. Just because its not on the official support list doesn't mean it wont work.

Ok lets be specific here. What program is telling you no? From what I understand the only one with peculiarities as to the OpenCL support is Premiere, and that should be resolved with a patch as soon as more testing has been done.

Yes PS CS6 supports it but Adobe does not support the 6XX cards.

Probably because of the lack of OperCL grunt in the GTX 6## cards.

Can run older GTX 5## card? or an AMD card along side your GTX 6## as an OpenCL slave ?

A bit like a GeForce card alongside an AMD card as a Physx slave.

Probably because of the lack of OperCL grunt in the GTX 6## cards.

Can run older GTX 5## card? or an AMD card along side your GTX 6## as an OpenCL slave ?

A bit like a GeForce card alongside an AMD card as a Physx slave.

Dunno if it's worth it. What OpenCL supports are not widely used by myself.

Back