• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sandisk Readycache won't stay activated?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tinytacohead

Registered
So I decided to pull the trigger on Sandisk's Readycache deal that recently hit the market. (usually I'll wait for something new to flesh itself out a bit, before dropping coin, but..) I've not had it long enough to comment on how well it does or doesn't work.. but I'm having an annoying issue I was hoping somebody else may have already conquered and/or be able to help with: Seemingly after each reboot, one must re-activate the software part of the product?! (which I'd guess also means it won't speed up boot times when inactive) As always, thanks in advance! :)

Installing SanDisk ReadyCache SSD

Did you see that updated installation procedure?

For the SSD to act as a caching drive and run all the time, the software will have to install a windows service is my suspicion. So the caching will not take place until windows has the service running and thus I doubt a caching SSD will decrease boot times.

...Did you see that updated installation procedure? ...

Yeah, I followed it to the T. As far as it writing a service, I believe it did. (but could be wrong) I mean.. it auto loads/starts as soon as my OS pops in, it's simply not saving the activation procedure for some reason. I've contacted tech support & suppose it took a week for a response. Reply 2 sent today..

Back