• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats to know about this old piece CPU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre3400

annnnnnd it's gone
Hello guys,

I picked up an old pc today, had been thrown out, and i opened it up and found it was complete, so all good on that front.

First up, CPU check, its an AMD Athlon 2400XP+, last time i played around with AMD's i think its was a 1600XP+.

This is the full specs and facts on the CPU http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K7/AMD-Athlon XP 2400+ - AXDA2400DKV3C.html

But i remember being able to unlock these and then overclocking them pretty high. Is this one of the CPU's where this was possible?

I would like to know everything they dont tell you about this cpu :)

Unlock? No. Its a single core, not a cut down dual. What you linked to is what it is. What else what you want to know? Fire it up and play!

Im sure it was with the 1600XP or 1800XP you could close up circuits on the cpu to be able to overclock more.

This is what i mean
5fe7ba48aa3317f407d66173a6f2-grande.jpg

And it is fired up, its running decent to be honest! Running Windows XP, its been ages since i played around with that :p

It's a Thoroughbred core. The multiplier was locked. But google the "pencil mod" to get around that.

Back