• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GA-X79 UP5, SAS port issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1096bimu

I just got this board for about a week, it works great and everything, except the drivers are a pain, because nothing supports the C606 chipset and everything.

so anyway, I got the SATA 2 and SATA 3 ports up and running, but I can't get the SAS ports to work. they're labeled SAS/SATA2 so I'm pretty sure you can use SATA 2 drives on them, but firstly, they don't show up in BIOS at all. if you plug in a drive and go into BIOS SATA port info, it doesn't show up. If you boot up however, you do see the drive in Windows storage manager, but it's "uninitialized", but you can't initialize it either it just gives an error message saying the device isn't ready.

I have the drivers installed, I have the SAS controller enabled in BIOS, I don't know what's going on here.

I know there are 6 SATA ports in total, but my case blocks the entire bottom row so that just gives me three, and now I need an extra drive.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    20 KB · Views: 155
What CPU are you running, because I've read that the C606 chipset provides SAS support only if a Xeon CPU is installed?

Back