• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

gxt 560 sli vs gtx 670

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

the lynchanater

Registered
hi i,m building a computer and i was wondering what is better
the card that im thinking about is a gigabyte gtx 560 oc in sli mode but looking at a lot of the stats i am wondering is a 670 better
in terms of performence
money is a little bit of an issue so the 2 560s in sli look like the best bet
what do you guys think :-/

I would go with a single 670/680 and then grab another one to SLi down the road. This is, of course, based on your budget. If the 2x 560's are cheaper than the 670, then go that route.

The 2x 560's in sli draw more power than a single 670, so if you're planing on going that route be sure your psu can handle the draw. This also applies to 2x 670's in sli if you're thinking about going this route.

cool thenks for that
i am probly going to go for the 2 gtx 560s in sli because of my buget but just out of wondering wich would be faster or better in terms of performence because on a lot of the charts it looks like the 560s are just ahead in performence

I have two 560it's and in terms of raw performance try are great but the limited vram of 1gb will limit you to only 1080p. If you go above 1080p in most games you will get frame buffering and your fps will drop drastically. I can only play on high settings for bf3 with my 1920x1200 monitor because I hit the vram wall and my gpus are running at only 73%. If I play at 1080p ultra settings Im using 1008mb of vram and my cards are at 99% giving me a constant 60fps... I would go with the 670 4gb version if you can for future upgrading.

okay thenks
but once again i think price will be a problam and my computer screen is only 1080p so the vram shouldent be a problam untill i upgrade my screen
by which point i will probly be upgrading to a 700 series

Back