• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone still have both shenmue for the best console ever

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

voodoo do'er

anyone still have both shenmue's for the best console ever (dreamcast)
I do, still have all me games. like over 50 games :drool:

fun times, anyone still game on the DC
I don't anymore, but I still crank out my saturn.

I'll put this right here
dreamcast2.jpg

lol fake I know, but the ringedge is not
ringedge.jpg

yea its a shame sega dropped the dreamcast as soon as M$ came out with the first xbox i was pissed i was buying every game that came out for it right up til they announced they were dropping it and switching gears to software and premium prescription games only (psu)

as much as i wish they would have made a dreamcast 2 i would probably never buy it after they pulling out on the first one so fast and screwing all there customers.

what made me mad, was that they continued to sell them in japan. if I recall it was upto 2008
at lest they still have the market in the arcade. AM2 FTW
some of there new stuff can be played online.

you know I recall reading somewhere that MS had taken part in the DC with more then the OS
I still wish they used a voodoo2 for the DC gpu

Last edited:
anyone know of some good not so well know games for the DC?
I have most of the AAA and AA games
EDIT
just found a game to "the ring' lol
that one I have to try

EDIT
ok so I'm looking for some less heard of games for the DC and what do I find
this Japanese anime game .... how do I put this without getting band ?
well it's smutty lol

EDIT:
wow just found a second one, and it's not any better
EDIT:
grate a another one, I'm not going to give out any names, but there all smutty

just found a 4th one, and their all on ebay

EDIT:
found a 5th one, this one has major nudity wow.
I had no clue they made smut games for the DC

EDIT:
make that 6

EDIT:
just found 2 more smutty games
that makes 8 so far

EDIT
just found a pedo goldmine of smut games for the DC on ebay of all places :sly:
I rather no talk about it. and TBH I think I'll be trashing my DC seeing all the new smut games being made for the DC:cry:

Last edited:
Dreamcast was my console of choice back in the day. I still remember playing co-op in Cannon Strike with my cousin and fighting him in Power Stone 2 for hours and hours which was my favorite multiplayer console game ever! Mario Smash got nothing on this. We played ton of 3rd Strike as well (my favorite Street Fighter game) and MvC2. I had all the Sonic games, Crazy Taxi, Spawn game, all of NFL 2K games (still better then any Madden game out now) and I remember Shenmue was the last game I ever bought for the Dreamcast. I had a ton of fun with that but unfortunately I ended up selling my Dreamcast (I had the black special edition version) and all of the games shortly after to save up for Xbox since there were no any other games to get...

yea looks that way i sold mine with all the games years ago too,kind of wish i still had it,heck i still have a old NES (boxed in my closet tho lol) i loves vigilante 8 and PSO on DC

Am I the only person that still has theirs hooked up ?
mine is still hooked up
but I don't relay play it, I was playing Vcop on my white saturn yesterday

. I had a ton of fun with that but unfortunately I ended up selling my Dreamcast (I had the black special edition version) and all of the games shortly after to save up for Xbox since there were no any other games to get...
ya, the US market had the biggest loss with the DC, I got rid I mine when it died
the I got another and so on, I think I'm on my 4th or 5th one, even Oc'd one before

Am I the only person that still has theirs hooked up ?

I have one hooked up. Only using s-video for the hookup though, the VGA box is too damned expensive and s-video isn't as bad as the sellers of VGA boxes make it out to be. The prices for that VGA box are a gougefest wherever I've seen it for sale. Same with the s-video cable for the Saturn and the component cable for the GameCube.

Also NFL 2K games = awesome. ESPN NFL 2K5 > Madden 13. The NFL would be wise to dump the exclusivity agreement with EA, we all know 2K Sports could make a better NFL game. Gamers are getting the short end of the stick as EA releases the same pretty crap year after year.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 356
Last edited:
I have one hooked up. Only using s-video for the hookup though, the VGA box is too damned expensive and s-video isn't as bad as the sellers of VGA boxes make it out to be. The prices for that VGA box are a gougefest wherever I've seen it for sale. Same with the s-video cable for the Saturn and the component cable for the GameCube.
I seen them go for 20$ on ebay

daaang i remember my dreamcast, it definately had the best graphics in its day i remember playing toy commander! that was was awesome!

haha yea toy commander was great whatever happened to games developers being creative anyways? seems like all the games these days are all just copys of COD,HALO and WOW

daaang i remember my dreamcast, it definately had the best graphics in its day i remember playing toy commander! that was was awesome!
consoles yes
vs the pc, no way it could hold any ground
voodoo's 2 even kill it, voodoo 3 and 5 were way ahead of the DC
still graphics are not all that, it's all about game play and the DC had it all :D

haha yea toy commander was great whatever happened to games developers being creative anyways? seems like all the games these days are all just copys of COD,HALO and WOW

halo was planed for the DC
but got caned fast

What about Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the Future? That game was really fun and had really nice visuals.

Phantasy Star Online was a really good game too. It's too bad the online portion suffered from some serious flaws. When someone on the other side of the country can come into your game and corrupt your entire VMU, you kind of don't want to play it online anymore.

Skies of Arcadia. Another brilliant game and one of the few games to actually make use of the VMU for more than just saved game file space. I'm pretty sure it even had a standalone mini-game on the VMU too.

Jet Grind Radio was way ahead of it's time in terms of graphics. I don't know why this game never achieved much mainstream success. The gameplay was pretty unique and the cel-shaded graphics were fairly new at the time. This thread reminded me I need to grab the HD remake of this game.

I was pretty obsessed with the Dreamcast around 2001-2002. I got all kinds of games for it and started modding it both physically as well as downloading software for it. I remember using the modem and web browser to look up fixes to issues I would run into when overclocking and messing about on my first computer. I vaguely remember getting Linux running on my Dreamcast too. This was way back before I even really understood what Linux was. I just knew it was something nerdy that I had to mess with. My Dreamcast was almost like a second computer for me.

It's really sad thinking about the lost potential in the Dreamcast and whatever future console Sega could have made if they would have cleaned house in the mid 90's so they could get their **** together. Sega was always a little ahead of their time they just didn't have good management.

Dreamcast was the only system I ever got hardcore into and collected. Just like eh 2 years ago i sold my collection I had every single american release and a decent amount of Japanese titles (I had every release lol but not all were so "legit" but i would replace one each time i could get my hands on a real copy).

I had basicly like 3 or 4 systems two special editions i had bought from lik-sang resident evil and hello kitty edition imported. I had a brand new dreamcast in the box and a used one i used for play. About 10 controllers if i remember, like 15 vmu's, list goes on forever and ever.

I preordered a dc and I just fell in love with the system so when it's downfall started and everyone started selling it out and bringing prices dirt cheap I went crazy lol. I had no kids or anything worked two jobs then so I had tons of cash to drop on dc stuff.

Favorite game was probably PSO v.2 I played till the servers went dark. Power stone was great series. I used to love a lot of the neo geo ports on the system because they played exactly like the neo geo verisons. Twinkle star sprites ftw lol. Rent a Hero was a good import also had to use a gamefaq guide to play it tho lol.

About 2 or 3 years ago thinkgeek had got a stock of brand new dreamcast from the sega warehouse. They were selling them 99 bucks a pop i think it was. The last of the systems I bought one and my wife raged on me lol cause we have kids now and I had this crazy obsession with collecting dreamcast stuff. I'll have to dig around see if i can find pics of my closet lol it was all dreamcast stuff. Hell I still have a lot of promo stuff i collected in boxes around the attic. I got the space channel 9 magnet set on my fridge right now lol.

Last edited:
you know they're still severs up for PSO
I think they're fan run tho

edit
so why no talk about sonic adventure 2 ?
that was my fave

Yeah I was playin on the schack (think thats the name) servers that were put after after sega took them down. I played a little pso dc on there but it's pretty dead. I mainly used to play PSO blue burst on there.

Now i'm waiting for PSO 2 to come state side. I played the japanese verison of it for a bit but everything is in japanese of course lol and it was driving me nuts. Great game tho can't wait till it hits the states in english here shortly. I'll be a PSO freak again.

Sonic adventure was ok. I kinda felt it went to far away from what sonic is when they started going all 3d with crazy levels that felt like you only controlled sonic half the time.

I was a big power stone junkie. I loved a lot of the resident evil style games on dc blue stinger, carrier, etc.

Last edited:
Heh, perfect timing. Just brought my old Dreamcast to college and...IT WORKS! The little grey box (more of a brownish yellow now) still works after sitting in a room that's less room and more "deck with a roof" for five years, then a basement for another year and a half or so. Only problems are the Dreamcast to coax adapter adds a little snow to cable (wasn't that great to begin with) and the fans a bit loud. BUT, the rumble pad works and the VMU still has a bunch of saved games on it :D

Now I just hope my games still work. Was 10 when I got it and was still in the "Well it's mine so it's indestructible" phase. It looks like someone took steel wool to some of the discs.

^^ you've probably heard of it before but try retr0bright to get rid of the oxidized yellow, I've read it works wonders.

Back