• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bf3 crashing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BCboneless

BF3 started crashing while joining a server after I updated punkbuster. windows 7 gives me this error:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: bf3.exe
Application Version: 1.4.0.0
Application Timestamp: 500530ad
Fault Module Name: bf3.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.4.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 500530ad
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000a5d00
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

any help would be appreciated.

it would help us help you if you could list the things you have done in the first post so the suggestions arent being repeated.

Reinstalled Origin? BF3?

how much ram do you have? so many unanswered questions :D

ive browsed google for that exception code and the 4-5 ive seen thus far points to ram issues.
but hard to say until we see that listh :thup:

ok ok.

repaired install of bf3
re-installed origin
re-installed punkbuster
re-installed bf3

I have 8 gb of RAM. Any thing else you need to know?

ok ok.

repaired install of bf3
re-installed origin
re-installed punkbuster
re-installed bf3

I have 8 gb of RAM. Any thing else you need to know?

what color are your chonies? (this should help clear some things up) :D

no but seriously now... can you play it without updating pb to see ? try removing a ram stick and swap etc .. to make sure.. run some test on your ram again.. double check your psu :D im reaching here ..hehe

Last edited:
Evenbalance said:
Wednesday 09.26.2012 [11:45AM]

We are aware that some players are experiencing crashes in BF3 after Monday's PB Server update was released. These are players that used PBSETUP to manually update their PunkBuster for BF3. To eliminate the crashing, these players should find and delete any pbsv.dll files located on their hard drive associated with BF3 (use the Windows search feature). Do not run PBSETUP again after the deletes or it will recreate the problem. The crash prevents our auto-update and the file deletes are necessary to resume normal operation.

the RAM is black. :)

yes I can play without updating for like 5 min and then pb kicks me saying timed out trying to update pb client. will try what ebug said.

Back