• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P4P800 Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Toddc72

Registered
Yes I know it is an old board. Had it new sitting in a box and finally put it together. Using P4 3.4 ghz Prescott on it. Ram I had on it before was 4 stick of Mushkin ram I had laying around. 256mb each stick. Now using 2 stick of Kingston ram on it. Here is info:

http://www.memorystock.com/orderite...=P4P800/Deluxe&MnfId=&MdlId=36752&Passfrm=lnk

Not overclocking to any extremes. Running stock at the moment and might use the Overclocker setting in the bios if I want more. Fast enough than what I had before. The question I have is on ram capacity. On my old board. P4B533-e board. It said was good for 2 gig ram. It would choke with errors if I went anything over 1.5 gb on ram. Question I have is will this board have issues if I try and put all 4 stick in and go to 4 gb with it? Running XP Pro 32 bit system I put in it. Should I have gone to the 64 bit instead because I know I needed it because of the additional ram if I go there. The ram going higher was an after thought after I put it together. Happy with it now and may never go to the 4 sticks. Just a question was all.

Thanks for the help

Todd, I've used that board back in the day, however I never tried to run 4gb of ram. 1gb was enough for me back then! All four slots should work fine though.

I do have to ask why you might look to upgrade that system. I'm not sure where you are located but assuming you have a good PSU, case and hdd, you can get a new cpu, ram and mobo combo for ~$100 USD which would blow that system away. An AMD A series, or even a modern sandybridge celeron system would be miles ahead of a Prescott based system.

Except for the 2... 1gb ram sticks. I had everything sitting here. Even had the 4... 256mb sticks just sitting here. Slow to upgrade. Got harassed a lot form my uncle when he was alive telling me to build it. Always told him was fine with the 2.8ghz clocked a little to 3.0 with 1.5 gb on the ram on my P4b 533-e system. One of those guys I guess. If it works and is fine why change? Thanks for the info.

Thanks again

Todd

Back