• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU cooling - Dual GPU cards.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre3400

annnnnnd it's gone
Hey guys,

I got a Radeon HD6950 with the Arctic Accelero Xtreme Plus II on. This cooling system works wonders, but its damn huge!

I want to crossfire with another GPU, at the moment i have a Sapphire HD6950 Dirt 3 Edition, with dual fan system, but i am trying to swap it/sell it and get a first edition Radeon HD6950 2gb.

If and when i succeed on this, i will be running the in crossfire. Since my 2 top PCIe slots are the fastest, and ment to be used when going SLI/Crossfire, i will want them to be like that.

Of course if and when i get a version one HD6950, it will have the single fan, crappy stock cooling system, and i will be replacing it with an aftermarket system, but my question is, which aftermarket system will cool better the stock and also only take up 2 slots so that it will fit on top of my current HD6950 which takes up 3 slots.

I saw a guy running HD6970 with what looked like Arctic Colling Accelero Xretem III, and that fit with in 2 slots, but i am unsure if that really was the system he had. Can anyone confirm this?

How can we confirm what someone else had? We have no pictures, no links, nothing. That said, this is the Accelero Extreme III... was it that cooler?

Well in confirming, i was asking for confirmation that this GPU cooler would fit inside 2 slots. But from looking closely at the specs and pictures, it doesnt seem to be much difference. Therefor, i am looking for an aftermarket cooling system that would fit with in the 2 slots.

Pretty much the only thing i can find thats dual slot is Accelero Hybred, but i dont feel i have the space to stuff another closed loop system in my case.

The hybrid is also triple slot from what I can tell (or at least appears to take up two additional slots on my motherboard) on my review unit.

Back