• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

extreme surface area

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
i got some designs for extreme surface area cross drilled waterblock, ill make this in about 3-4weeks and any of you can steal my design if you want to, but this would use most of the block! and a good design

the block itself is 1/4in thick 2x3in
the holes are 1/8in diameter and .1875in apart

the holes on top are whatever size you want them to be

you would have to plug the holes before drilling the 4 mounting holes... and this would work great becuase of some turbulation around the corners and a lot of surface area....

and i always wanted a very small block (thin) and this would be a great one

Maskedgeek,

Looks good! Might be tough drilling through the 1/4" copper so use a lot of cutting fluid/oil. I was thinking of making another block my self with the multiple flow paths but I'd pobably drill holes through the plate and then solder on a top and bottom plate.

O

BTW how'd the other block turn out?

if your talkin about the plex block, it crapped out because of the crappy glu, so i used that copper plate and took the bottom of a popcan and drilled 2 holes in it and JBwelded it to the copper

i dont know the temps because the diode on the motherboard sucks! it tells me faulse temps...but i do know that the temps are around 3c in delta! wich is rally good, and my elbows on my rad are causing a extreme flow restriction so im workin on something so rite now i got a hsf on athlon

Back