• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Multy Monitor display Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dozy Van

Registered
I have currently a Hanns.G HL229DPB

What I'm wondering is if I could buy 2 more of them a set up a multy monitor display with them. But I would like to do something like:

3xSamsungOwl1.jpg

Would my monitor even though its just full HD support something like that?

:comp:

I believe you can. I don't know what type of graphics card you have, but with my 670, I just have to go to the NVidia control panel, down to the "Rotate Display" option in the display section, and rotate both of my 1080p displays. I'm not 100% sure, but I think there was something similar in CCC when I used my 5850 in this computer.

Edit: looked around, and do the stands swivel that way? On their site it looks like they just tilt, which means you may have to get some sort of aftermarket stand.

Depends on your GPU, and like freakdiablo said, you'd need an aftermarket stand.

Also consider that the bezel on your monitor is pretty thick, you'll have a rather big gap in between the monitors.

Depends on your GPU, and like freakdiablo said, you'd need an aftermarket stand.

Also consider that the bezel on your monitor is pretty thick, you'll have a rather big gap in between the monitors.

I plan to remove the Bezel before setting it up like that and I have a single HD 7970

also where would I find stands for this setup?

You're good with the 7970. Not sure where to get triple monitor stands on that side of the Atlantic though.

Don't know that specific monitor but you need to make sure they actually allow portrait display mode. A lot don't.

Think that's a software thing, not a hardware. Should be able to rotate almost any display within the AMD Catalyst software.

Think that's a software thing, not a hardware. Should be able to rotate almost any display within the AMD Catalyst software.
hiya Knufire

Not entirely sure about that. For example, my displays clearly state in documentation that only landscape is supported (not sure if that relates to being 120Hz or not). That said, I haven't tried to rotate them. Just one of those things the OP should check before making new purchases. (Also...I'm only using nvidia cards atm so can't comment on Catalyst options).

hiya Knufire

Not entirely sure about that. For example, my displays clearly state in documentation that only landscape is supported (not sure if that relates to being 120Hz or not). That said, I haven't tried to rotate them. Just one of those things the OP should check before making new purchases. (Also...I'm only using nvidia cards atm so can't comment on Catalyst options).

mine also says only landscape supported but tested portrate on it and it allows it.

mine also says only landscape supported but tested portrate on it and it allows it.
Nice! I'll have to give a try. May have a separate issue, though as Nvidia says that 3d vision surround only supports landscape, too :/

Nice! I'll have to give a try. May have a separate issue, though as Nvidia says that 3d vision surround only supports landscape, too :/

Don't know about your gfx card but for me I just Right click > screen res > scroll to portrate. Click and it works ^_^

even though on the specs I was told "Portrate Mode: No" :shrug:

Back