• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

.PDF to WORD export utility?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torin3

My work needs something that can export a .pdf file to Word (and possibly Excel) that retains formatting and positions of everything. So, saving as text doesn't cut it.

Anything out there that can do this? While shareware/freeware would be nice, given the experiences we've had when testing a few programs, I don't expect a program that does what they want will be free. So, don't be afraid to recommend something that costs.

Thanks!

It does seem to do a very good job of maintaining the formatting. The only issue I'm having is the PDF I'm working from has no left border, so the Word document loses the left .25" of text as it is trying to print outside the printer's printable area.

Gosh, you would think that would've done it.
Hmmmmm, how about the Page setup dialog box using the little arrow in the corner of Page setup under the Page layout tab?
Or show the ruler at the top of the page and adjust the margin that way.

Well, adjusting paper size to a narrower paper seems to move everything into a printable area, but the formatting gets screwed up. It seems a large chunk of the text is broken up into individual blocks that doesn't move when the margins or page size is adjusted, but some of the text is plain text that does get moved. The text that doesn't want to move can be selected, but it in a grouping type block that can be moved, but individually.

I think the solution here it to tweak the settings when the original PDF is created to have proper margins.

So, it does look like Nitro will do what they want, if they are willing to work on the PDF creation settings.

Thank you again!

You're welcome. Wish it would've been easier but it sounds like you have a solution. Hope it all works out in the end. :)

I would like to say PDF Converter should be your best choice in this field. It could preserve contents, layout and formatting very well.

I bought it this summer and it saved much of my life!

Back