• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

660ti Sli efficiency?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dr_emad

Registered
Hey guyz,i have a question.. first i'm running SB on a z68 that support IB and PCIe 3,and i've installed a gigabyte 660ti which is running at 16x pcie 2 due to Cpu limit,is it worth is to buy another card for sli now about 330$ that will make the m.b run @ 8x on both lains and pcie 2.0 limit? not to mention the 192 bit memory bus of 660ti. or wait for the next generation which may double the performance with same price but a year later.maybe with 4th generation intel cpu.

ps; now i'm running a single 21'' LG Tn 1920 x 1080p and looking for an upgrade to IPS 27'' with larger resolution maybe 2560x1440 which may be severly limited with bus thing of the card even with sli!
thanx

rephrasing; will a 660ti sli handle a 27'' ips 2560x1440? for heavy gaming addiction

Last edited:
You can run your games fine with that setup...later on you can sell it and upgrade to a faster card, or a better vram bandwidth for higher res monitors when you get the ips 1440p panel.

Back