• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Overclockers' Rig-o-the-Quarter, October-December, 2012

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Which rig is your favorite out of the systems linked in the OP?

• Post #4 - BigTerminator's Black & Red HAF X

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Post #13 - hokie's Rhapsody in Red

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Post #18 - Kenny Wilson's Black & Blue HAF X

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Post #21 - wagex's NZXT Source 210 elite

• Post #31 - ZL1's Motherboard Tray

• Post #34 - Jazon1's Thermaltake Armor Revo

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Post #40 - Neuromancer's Xigmatek Elysium

• Post #42 - BlueZero's Project Wraith

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • Post #54 - notarat's Lego RaspberryPi Build

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Post #60 - Devil_Dog's Corsair 800D

• Post #65 - caboose1227's Silverstone Lan Box

• Post #70 - 1xmattx1's Fractal Define Mini

• Post #74 - rollincoaster's Thor V2 White

• Post #81 - caddi daddi's Azza Hurricann 2000

• Post #87 - bittbull187's Ug Mug

• Post #88 - fall's Dimastech Bench Table

• Post #90 - snowbrdd's BitFenix Prodigy

• Post #93 - tungureanu's Cooler Master USP 100

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hokiealumnus

Water Cooled Moderator
Entries below - Voting starts this weekend! (Dec 15/16)

Post #4 - BigTerminator's Black & Red HAF X
Post #13 - hokie's Rhapsody in Red
Post #18 - Kenny Wilson's Black & Blue HAF X
Post #21 - wagex's NZXT Source 210 elite
Post #31 - ZL1's Motherboard Tray
Post #34 - Jazon1's Thermaltake Armor Revo
Post #40 - Neuromancer's Xigmatek Elysium
Post #42 - BlueZero's Project Wraith
Post #54 - notarat's Lego RaspberryPi Build
Post #60 - Devil_Dog's Corsair 800D
Post #65 - caboose1227's Silverstone Lan Box
Post #70 - 1xmattx1's Fractal Define Mini
Post #74 - rollincoaster's Thor V2 White
Post #81 - caddi daddi's Azza Hurricann 2000
Post #87 - bittbull187's Ug Mug
Post #88 - fall's Dimastech Bench Table
Post #90 - snowbrdd's BitFenix Prodigy
Post #93 - tungureanu's Cooler Master USP 100

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to this month's Rig-o'-the-Month-Quarter thread! Last month's went very well...and big congratulations to adamelmore on winning! He can't enter again for another six competitions, so now the rest of us have a chance.

Changes to the rules this month:
  • The max number of photos has gone from 3 to 5.
  • This one is a suggestion, not a requirement - List your specs too if you feel so inclined, people like to know what they're looking at.
  • As suggested, we might (still thinking about this one) make a staff pick as well as the general vote for two prizes this month. We'll see. :)

This isn't a 'contest' where you win anything other than bragging rights and getting photos of your system featured on the front page and our Facebook page.

The rules are simple.

• Post a picture of your system in this thread.
  • Photos must be reasonable sizes - 1000px x 1000px max.
  • Maximum five photos, so choose wisely.
  • The picture must be uploaded to the forum, like so:
    attachment.php
  • If your photo is not uploaded to the forum, your entry will be deleted. If you need help with that, don't hesitate to ask.
  • List your specs too if you feel so inclined, people like to know what they're looking at.
  • Assuming there are plenty of entries, after two weeks'ish, forum staff will decide on the top 3-5 systems out of the submissions.
  • Once the top systems are chosen, a poll will be added to the thread for everyone to vote on their favorite.
  • He or she whose rig is voted the top will have their system featured in a frontpage article and a post on our Facebook page.

This isn't only about how powerful your system is, or how good it looks, or how original, or how whatever...it's all of those things combined. If you don't have a very powerful system but it looks good, post it. If you have an original looking system, post it. If you have a ZOMG look how powerful it is system post it. Anything goes. There are no high stakes, just the honor of having your system posted on the front page and our Facebook page.

Since we hope this becomes a semi-regular thing, winners must sit out the next six Rig o' The ___ contests. You can still post to show people what they should strive for, but they're ineligible to win again for six months.

So let's see it OCF! Enter your systems. Oh, and anyone can enter, so you'd better believe I'm posting too! :bday:

***NOTE that this is for November. Since this month is 1/3rd over already, that will give plenty of time for lots of entrants. Good luck!***

Last edited:
Because the thread wasn't started until a third of the way through the month, it offers more time for entrants and, subsequently, voting. :thup:

I hope my rig is good enough to hang with the big dogs. I tried my best. Enjoy :D
My System:
Core i7 875k 4.2ghz 1.4v
MSI Big Bang Fuzion
8gb G. Skill Sniper 1600mhz CAS 9 2x4gb
Unlocked 6970 With Arctic Accelero Extreme Plus Idle 35c/ Load 55c 975/1450mhz at 1.25v
Noctua NH-D14 with 3 Rosewill RFX 120 Fans
Cooler Master HAF X
2x500gb Samsung F3 RAID 0
Corsair TX 750 watt PSU

IMG_4341.JPG

IMG_4350.JPG

IMG_4371.JPG

IMG_4374.JPG

_MG_4383.JPG

Last edited:
Okay I posted my rig almost a month ago. What is going on with this contest? No one has commented, or posted their rigs. When will voting start? Seems like the way it's going I'm going to win by default without any competition.

Also hows my rig? :)

BigTerminator, I think your rig is clean. I just built my first rig. You schooled me on how to cable my case. I am going to fix my cabling to be similar to yours and post some pics. I may be a few days, I am busy moving right now. Good job!:thup:

Thanks for the bump. I'll post mine when I'm at a pc. Hopefully more folks will participate.

I might be able to throw some pics up over the weekend. Possibly a video if I could?

Hmm; it appears we're having a database problem. This is the second thread in which I've seen that happen today. I'll let IMOG know.

Yeah my pictures were up just fine last night. They were good for the whole time til this morning. Thanks on the critique of my rig. Hopefully this thread can get some new life.

Hey Big T nice set up my friend, what i like about some rigs is the lack of wires hanging about untidy all over the place! You can see this nice and neat and tidy good cable management. AJ :):thup:

if my new tubing ever arrives i shal post pix of my rig, need to ditch the red rams still -.- lol

Thanks a lot AJ! One thing that would really make my rig perfect (besides water cooling) really would be to get those cables sleeved. I like my cable management but I hate the cables.

The fans I have on my heat sink are probably my only chance of beating Hokie, or any of you others with crazy hardware.

Those fans are okay if it matches your theme. My case is red and black so that's why my fans fit perfectly. Also my fans push 88cfm, and were $5 a piece. I love the fans I have :)

Back