• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can Someone Tell Me What the Codes on the AMD Phenom II are?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dolph_USMC

Hi All,
I'm not new to overclocking. In fact, I have an AMD Phenom II black edition processor, that I have unlocked all the cores and have it overclocked to 4305MHz, and the HT multiplier is set to x14 (2870 MHz). :thup:
However, I have been given an old AMD Phenom II processor, and the person that gave it to me wasn't sure of any of its specs. I know what some of the codes on the top of the processor are, but not all of them.
Can someone please let me know what the rest of the codes on the top of the processor are, or what they mean. I have listed the codes below, and have listed in parenthesis what I already know. For instance, I know that "1044MPMW" is a date code, but what date is it referring to specifically? Also, what does "9M35691K00301" refer to? I think these are the 2 codes that I need information on. I think I know what the first 2 codes are, as I've listed;however, if what I've listed in parenthesis is not correct, then please corrrect me.

HDZ550WFK2DGI (OEM/Tray Microprocessor)
CACYC AC (AMD Stepping Code)
1044MPMW 9M35691K00301

I appreciate any info you can give me in regards to this.

Top line - model number
CACYC AC = What is inside as far as CPU die "Deneb, Propus, Sargas, Callisto"
YYWW = year/week, MPMW relate to day of week, location in facility, type of batch being run...not clear anymore though if AMD uses these characters for this

9M356... serial number

This is a Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition (Callisto) made on the 44th week of 2010, serial number 9M35691L00301

RE:

Top line - model number
CACYC AC = What is inside as far as CPU die "Deneb, Propus, Sargas, Callisto"
YYWW = year/week, MPMW relate to day of week, location in facility, type of batch being run
9M356... serial number

Thanks for the info :thup: ... the only info I'm still curious about, but isn't a big deal, is what facility/ location was this processor made? Any ideas?

Other than this, I know what the other codes are I believe.

The other codes tell me I have an AMD Phenom II x2 550, stepping code CACYC AC, Frequency=3100 MHz, Bus speed=667 MHz Memory controller, One 2000 MHz 16-bit HyperTransport link, Clock multiplier=15.5, Package=938-pin organic micro-PGA, Sockets=Socket AM2+ & Socket AM3, Microarchitecture=K10, Platform=Dragon, Processor core=Callisto, Core Stepping=RB-C2, CPUID=100F42, and the Manufacturing Process=0.045 micron SOI.

Well there is only one location.
GlobalFoundries Fab 1 in Dresden, Germany, Module 1 of that Fab makes all 45nm CPUs, and 32nm CPUs (Phenom II and AMD FX) but I believe that 45nm production is stopped for several months now or very limited (one batch, one day a week).

Back