• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P8Z77-V doesn't boot, and the red led by the memory's stays always on !!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

infected_

Components:
i7 3770K
P8Z77-V Bios 1606
Corsair Vengeance Red CL11 2x4GB (CMZ8GX3M2A2133C11)

I removed the cpu out of the motherboard, and placed back in, and now the pc won't boot!! The red led by the memory slots stays always on....

After a few test's, removed the pci-e graphic card, tried different memory's, flashed the bios to the latest, lots of clr cmos, and i came to the conclusion that DIMM A1 and A2 are broken!!. Any memory that i place there the pc just won't boot...

I spoken to the person that sell me the motherboard and he sent me a brand new P8Z77-V, to substitute of this broken one.

Today i made the substitution of the motherboard, and i have exactly the same problem !! If DIMM A1 and A2 are populated with memory, the pc just won't boot, and the red led by the memory's is always on...

Anyone has any idea what may be the problem?!

Thanks,

infected_

Well, check your manual to be sure, but I think you need to be in A2 and B2 with 2 sticks...the matching color slots.

EDIT: Yes, A2 and B2.

Last edited:
Try one stick in whatever will boot... then set the 4 major timings + command rate and the voltage manually to spec. Reboot to bios. Shut down. Put the sticks in A2/B2 and boot....

... if that doesnt work, check for bent pins in the socket (both boards).

Back