• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Any newer video cards with analog AND HDMI out?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mpegger

I want to build a mini ITX sized HTPC for my sister, but I'm coming up short trying to find a video card to fit this build because of the current TV that it needs to pair with.

The TV is a old CRT with the standard Composite + S-Video input, as well as Component (YPbPr). Because of that, what I put together must have a separate dedicated video card as I do not know of any onboard that supports any analog outputs other then VGA, so the video card chosen must support one of those analog outputs (would prefer Component out). Also, HDMI with audio on the video card is a must to be future proof, when she finally decides to ditch the CRT and get a HDTV ;) . It should also be capable of Blu-ray playback (3D BD support not required), but everything I find that has analog outputs (not counting VGA) is very old and outdated (would probably let out the magic blue smoke if you even tried to playback BD content), and doesn't have a HDMI output, let alone HDMI with audio.

Am I SOL or is there something that can fit the bill? :shrug:

I've seen that. It's RGB, or maybe the other Y-something something, not YPbPr.

And I may just go with a HDMI to YPbPr+Stereo converter. Kinda roundabout, but Monoprice has just such a converter at a decent price. This way I wouldn't have to compromise at all on the video card and can just go with the latest model.

In fact, I think I will do just that.

HDMI to YPbPr

Monoprice has just such a converter

Did you ever get you questions answered? fyi, I got that same unit and it did not work because my old Toshiba CRT TV can only accept 480i or NTSC. The lowest resolution that converter outputs is 480p. I got audio but the screen was blank. Ended up returning the unit. Great RMA service from Monoprice. Best regards.

I used an older card I had laying around instead. It has S-Video out, but being a 285GTX, it's abit wasteful on power. Still, better then spending even more money on something I should have been able to build out of spare parts laying around (had to buy a new mobo cause I killed the only C2D board I had accidently).

Back