• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please recommend PSU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

googalabosh

Spending Limit: $60 after coupon or mail-in-rebate

Watage: No less then 450W but the more the better. Might add more build later.

Goal: Longevity. Not OCing or gaming.

The Build:
Case: COOLER MASTER HAF XM RC-922XM-KKN1
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119257

CPU: AMD A8-5600K Trinity 3.6GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) Socket FM2
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113281

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-F2A85X-UP4 FM2 AMD A85X
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128566

Memory: G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231544

Ok so first up you don't need anything even close to 400w if you don't have a GPU in the built. A 200w unit could do what you posted. That said, here are my suggestions.

Corsair 430CX. It's solid, not fantastic by any means, but solid and cheap.

NZXT HALE82 650w I reviewed a cousin of this PSU. It's very good. Far more wattage than you need though. It is the Seasonic S12II platform and should last a long time.

Seasonic 360w 80+gold HardwareSecrets says it's excellent, I believe them. Plenty of wattage for your listed build, very very high quality and should last roughly forever. This is my top recommendation.

Seasonic S12II 430w Another very good unit, a few more watts than the above, at the cost of lower efficiency. Should last a long time too.

You can add a decent GPU to any of the above PSUs without issue. Not top end, but mid range (single PCIe power connector) would be fine.

Ok so first up you don't need anything even close to 400w if you don't have a GPU in the built. A 200w unit could do what you posted. That said, here are my suggestions.

NZXT HALE82 650w I reviewed a cousin of this PSU. It's very good. Far more wattage than you need though. It is the Seasonic S12II platform and should last a long time.

Seasonic 360w 80+gold HardwareSecrets says it's excellent, I believe them. Plenty of wattage for your listed build, very very high quality and should last roughly forever. This is my top recommendation.

Seasonic S12II 430w Another very good unit, a few more watts than the above, at the cost of lower efficiency. Should last a long time too.

You can add a decent GPU to any of the above PSUs without issue. Not top end, but mid range (single PCIe power connector) would be fine.

Thank you so much. I very interested in the NZXT but the review on newegg make me worried. I'll keep it in mind though. Thank you.

These are good recommendations. The CX430 has a few reviews that scare me, but it is really inexpensive. I opted for an Antec 400C for my cheap build, which is also built on the S12II platform. It was only $30.

The Seasonic units above would be my go-to recommendation for your main rig. I've had a Seasonic S12 (before the S12II came out) powering my main rig for about seven years now.

Back