• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 570 whining noise

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aaawew

When my GTX 570 is under load it makes a horrible whining/beeping noise (the beep part is just sounds like a long beep its not beeping). Its not even really load it is only like 30-50% GPU usage. I was wondering if this would be a problem with it or if some are just loud under load.

Are you sure it's coming from the GPU, and not the PSU or board? Try disabling C1E in the BIOS.

I installed a 8400 and it didnt make that noise but idk if it was just because the card isnt even comparable in power (that made me think to rule out the board). My PSU does whine (yes annoying but its not like this, and I can still hear the PSU whine if i put me ear to that, so its not the PSU). So I was thinking all that is left is my PSU. Also C1E disables CPU multiplier doesnt it? for power saving? so if that what that does I already disabled it.

Is the whining the fan maybe? My 570 squeals a bit when over 75-80% fan speed. No idea about the beeping, though.

Is the whining the fan maybe? My 570 squeals a bit when over 75-80% fan speed. No idea about the beeping, though.

the whine sounds like a long beep kind of, and I stopped the fan from spinning and it still made the noise

Sounds like a demonic case of capacitor whine.

yep...its harmless but annoying. sometimes switching power supplies can fix it even though your psu is fine. and a different card (same model) might also fix the problem with the same power supply. ive heard of people using conformal to reduce this. id bet 1/2 of peoples setups have this problem to some extent.

I was just wondering because I am looking to watercool that pc soon, and and i figured it would get quieter sense i am watercooling, and I happened to notice the noise when i had the side panel off

Back