• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I want to overvolt but... (9600 gt)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twilight_Poplar

Registered
I have had a 9600gt for several years and I have been wanting a little more from it lately. It has been running with absolutely no problems and I can OC it to: Core 775, Memory 1000, Shader 1900. After that It has artifacts in Furmark Burn in tests but has no heat problems. I want to over-volt it to see how far I can OC this card.
I found a neat guide here: (http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/overclocking/vidcard/150/2) of how to over-volt my card.
The setup of my card is consistent with the picture in the guide for a 1.15V setup, however nVidia inspector and my multimeter both display 1.10V.
So I am confused as to what I need to do to overvolt my card. Can I? Or is it a lost cause?

According to the link, you have to solder in a resistor on VID5 to get 1.15v. You did this?

Back