• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 3770K - Max Temperature. Does anyone really know?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sokar408

Registered
As the title says, does anyone know?

I have been look for an answer for days, and the answer varies from each source, and most seem to have a subjective opinion rather then actual fact.

So what is the MAX temp, that will not diminished CPUs life span?

No one really knows. 105c is tjmax. I like to keep my IB under 85c at full load. For all intents and purposes the cpu will likely be long outdated before the life span is noticibly affected.

No one really knows. 105c is tjmax. I like to keep my IB under 85c at full load. For all intents and purposes the cpu will likely be long outdated before the life span is noticibly affected.

That is a very subjective way of putting it. Terms of CPU generations/years, how long is that? :p

Since the CPU hasn't been out for years upon years it isnt really possible to quantify as there are just a lot of variables. If you keep your chip in a safer range and you aren't constantly pumping it full of volts and running it at 100% load I can imagine it lasting for 6-10 or who knows how many years. Which is why I said generally the CPU will outlive its usefulness as it will be outdated by then.

Intel only documents Tcase (CPU temp.) of 67.4°C at a Max TDP of 77W for the 3770K. They don't provide TjMax (max. core temp.) in any of their documentation, nor do they provide documentation comparing Tcase and Junction spec's...

http://ark.intel.com/products/65523

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 4,911
Back