• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Connecting to network issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BobbyB

Registered
Hello,

I have recently built my own pc, and everything is working, apart from one problem. I received a network card from my work place which I am attempting to make use of in my build. However I keep on experiencing issues with it that I cannot solve. When I load up my PC, the connection starts up, and connects, but is pretty weak, usually 1 or 2 bars. After about 2-5 minutes it completely bombs out and afterwards it picks up 0 connections. The card is quite new, as the company I work for buys PC's to supply to contractors, however has to remove the wireless cards before sending them off. I know it is not an issue with my wireless in general because my laptop is rarely further than 1 meter away from the desk, and has great connection.

I am on sky's fibreoptic internet, and the network card I have is the Atheros ar5B95.

Any help would be very welcome

Many thanks,

Bobby

Unfortunately, as I am taking a year out from uni, I currently live with my parents and the router is positioned downstairs, so a cable is not really realistic

Back