• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Problem with ACHI / SSD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Backwoods7

Registered
Hi,
I have a problem with my new SSD (ocz agility 3). I cloned my OS (windows 7) to the SSD and then started trying to get ACHI - mode on. First i opened up the registery and followed this:

1) Run the Registry Editor (regedit.exe)
2) Navigate to Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci
3) Set the "Start" value to 0 (zero)
4) Navigate to Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Pciide
5) Set the "Start" value to 0 (zero)
6) Shut down
7) Start up again, but before Windows boots go into the BIOS configuration screens and change the disk mode to "AHCI". Save the new BIOS configuration and restart so that Windows boots.

The values were allready set to zero(?) so i didnt have to change anything. Then i opened bios and set up ACHI there -> windows couldnt boot.

How can i get the ACHI to work (now the bios is using IDE)? And thanks alot for helping in advance :) I dont know if this is a stupid question or not.

Last edited:
Back