• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SSD and Kasperksy Antivirus 2013, where to install

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Viper69

Curious..would you install antivirus on the SSD or my HDD ? I only ask because I read on my AV's forum that it does small read/writes often in a day. So I was concerned about that..and wondered if installing KAV2013 on my HDD would be as effective as on my SSD

I posted there as well..wanted to see what people thought here.

MY OS is on my SSD

KAV is a bloated resource hog. You'd be better off installing either Windows Security Essentials, AntiVir, or Avast! (the free version of the latter two).

KAV is a bloated resource hog. You'd be better off installing either Windows Security Essentials, AntiVir, or Avast! (the free version of the latter two).

I've never had an issue w/ KAV in WinXP Pro sucking up resources.

Is this not the case with Win 7 ??

Can you give me proof of "resource hog", I'd like to know if this is the case..I find this surprising really.

Is Windows Sec. Essentials better??

Aside from "resource hog", do you have any suggestions regarding my specific questions?

I would like to know this also just installed it on my ssd XD

but KAV2013 is way better from what I seen its just you have to pay I bet which why ppl don't like it

I would like to know this also just installed it on my ssd XD

but KAV2013 is way better from what I seen its just you have to pay I bet which why ppl don't like it

Have you turned off logging? What's your OS, what system resources is KAV 2013 using up?

I have no clue what that is just installed it yesterday lol

W7 U 64bit

It seems it running like normal to me

3770k 16gb of ram on MVG

I'd absolutely run any AV on your SSD all day long IMO. SSD's aren't as fragile WRT to small writes as everyone seems to suspect. Pagefile, A/V, logs, etc - I have no quarrels letting any of this stuff churn on my SSD's (been running intel SSD's since 2009 w/o any failures).

I'm also a big Kaspersky proponent over here if you are willing to pay. I run it (gladly pay for it), and I also run it on my parent's PC's for many many years now (I'm their tech support) - no infections to date!

For free, MSE is a no-brainer IMO.

:cool:

I'd absolutely run any AV on your SSD all day long IMO. SSD's aren't as fragile WRT to small writes as everyone seems to suspect. Pagefile, A/V, logs, etc - I have no quarrels letting any of this stuff churn on my SSD's (been running intel SSD's since 2009 w/o any failures).

I'm also a big Kaspersky proponent over here if you are willing to pay. I run it (gladly pay for it), and I also run it on my parent's PC's for many many years now (I'm their tech support) - no infections to date!

For free, MSE is a no-brainer IMO.

:cool:

Thanks. I've owned it for many years. Thanks for the perspective. KAV is only using 3.4k of sys resources.

Back