• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

setting up Intel RST on an existing windows installation.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

(G{in}[AK)TION]

i have a Sata II HDD and SSD setup in my system but not setup for RST yet.

i would like to know if i can setup Intel Rapid Storage Technology without reinstalling windows.

the board i am using is an Asrock Extreme4 Z77 motherboard. HDD is a SP2504C and SSD is a Corsair Nova 30gb.

1. Exit all Windows-based programs.
  2. Press [Win] + R or take the RUN option from the start menu.
  3. Now type regedit there and press Enter Key to open up the Registry Editor Window.
  4. If you receive the User Account Control dialog box, click Continue.
  5. Locate and then click the following registry subkeys:
  6. Code:
    Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\msahci
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\iaStorV
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\iaStor
  7. In the right pane, right-click Start in the Name column, and then click Modify.
  8. In the Value data box, type 0 [3 is default], and then click OK.
  9. On the File menu, click Exit to close Registry Editor.
  10. Restart your computer
  11. Go to UEFI/BIOS and enable RAID, Save & Reboot
  12. Another restart will be required to finish the driver installation.

Then grab this: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Def...e+Technology&ZeroResult=True&lang=eng&ProdId=

Follow the directions, you should be good.

derp der de derp

sorry knufire i mixed up names. i actually meant intel Smart response technology.

:bang head

The OS needs to be installed to the HDD and the controller mode set to RAID for SRT, so unless AsRock has software similar to Gigabyte's EZ Smart Response utility, Windows will need to be reinstalled.

crap...what backup can i use to back up just programs and files?

the things i care about right now are my documents, games, and programs.

Wait, is your OS on the HDD or SSD?

If SSD, you'll need to use something like Acronis to image the SSD and place the image on the HDD.

Next, use the directions I posted to switch the installation from whatever mode it's in into RAID mode.

Then you install IRST (Intel's storage driver) of which ISRT is a feature.

Wait, is your OS on the HDD or SSD?

If SSD, you'll need to use something like Acronis to image the SSD and place the image on the HDD.

Next, use the directions I posted to switch the installation from whatever mode it's in into RAID mode.

Then you install IRST (Intel's storage driver) of which ISRT is a feature.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1227655/how-to-set-up-intel-smart-response-technology-ssd-caching

HDD.

BACK UP TIME.

EDIT: i forgot to mention that i dont see accelerate in the RST manager. but either way...ill still do a back up and reinstall.

HMM??? IIRC all you have to do is set it up on the controller Ctrl + i I think and then use the Intel rst in windows to enable it. This is if the OS is installed on the HDD.

HMM??? IIRC all you have to do is set it up on the controller Ctrl + i I think and then use the Intel rst in windows to enable it. This is if the OS is installed on the HDD.

yeah i press crtl+i and it takes me to a raid menu.

i really wish i knew how to setup SRT right...

never mind. i got it working. right now im using Enchanced mode.

tried looking up both modes but that made my deccesision harder so i just chose enchanced.

not noticing any differences yet...but ill give that some time. ITS-A-LEARNIN'

after playing around with it, all i can say is OMG IS FAST AS SPEEDY GONZALES.

GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT

Back