• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrade from gtx 570

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pro_Up

Registered
I need I upgrade to a card with more VRAM and better performance in general. I run games at 1080p and I play bf3 skyrim and mostly crysis 2 warhead and 1.. My 570 will do it all at max with 35 fps or above but I need a solid 55fps above at MAX settings... I was thinking a 7970 ghz edition.. Suggestions? Thanks

Looking honestly for fastest single gpu.. 7970 or 680. 7970 sounds good too me

7970 and the 680 at this time are neck and neck. It depends on the titles and resolution you want to play at. You can google "7970 GHz edition reviews" and check the latest ones to (LIKE THIS ONE). Usually you can overclock the 7970 heavily to best a 680 though.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of getting 670 ftw le and overclocking it to beat a 680...

Still slower than a 7970 when overclocked, but go for it. Do you want the fastest GPU or something slower... we are waffling here, LOL!

My bad lol.. I was sketched out on prices... But still.. The 670 would perform better then 7970 in SOME games

It would, but to be fair, you can overclock the 7970 too... and it reclaims the lead. At that price, you want to look at a 7950 as well...

7950 has good prices now. But idk I don't here much about them honestly..

Back