• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New FX 8150 help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

br0tz34

Registered
Hey guys im new to this site and have already learned a lot. I just built a new gaming computer some of the hardware is the ASUS crosshair v forumula, amd fx 8150, some 4k series video card (7870 soon to come) CM storm trooper case with 4 fans and stock cpu cooler (yes it sucks at cooling). My question is after i booted up i installed CoreTemp to check my temperatures and the temps are bouncing around from 17 deg C to 28 deg C, i cant for the life of me figure out whats wrong with it it also says im running at 3.9-4.1GHZ instead of the stock 3.6GHZ and all im doing is idling. Any ideas?

Thanks

Temperatures will bounce around on AMD FX a lot at idle. Apparently 3-5% load is a lot... *shrugs*
Real temperatures are 15-20c above those, just use the offset option in CoreTemp.

Also, the CPU has a Turbo option, lightly threaded loads will run 3.9-4.1 GHz instead of 3.6.

Back