• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS P6T i7 920, damping memory error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thesefy

Hello everybody. I do have a problem with my system lately. Or maybe i just realized it.
My spec is :
-i7 920
-Asus p6t
-5x 2gb OCZ PC3-8500F DDR3
-ATI 4870

The problem is i get blue screens randomly. Sometimes when i listen mp3 or surfing, i get the blue screen and it say something related to physical memory damping error vs, then it resets the computer.

What i've tried so far:
-updated the bios latest version.
-done memtest for 1.5 hours. no errors.
-no overclock. all default and auto values.

So, i think only 2 options left here now, first is formatting the windows but i really dont think it will solve the problem
second 1 is, i think i should put some(cpu,ram voltage) values to bios instead of leaving them auto.

What i need is: I really don't want to o/c it so maybe i can give some less voltage or maybe auto voltage values dont enough so i should give more?

Any help is appreciated .

The P6T-D is a triple channel board, so why do you have 5 x 2GB DRAM modules installed? Remove the one extra 2GB stick, leaving the remaining four modules in a dual-channel config., and manually adjust the timings to what I assume are 7-7-7-16-2T at 1.6V and DDR3-1066. Or remove two of the five modules leaving the remaining three in a triple channel config.

Last edited:
Back