• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fans & Lights remain on after power-off

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cheator

Hey guys!

So I have a weird issue with my HTPC machine. Specs:

Asrock A75M-HVS
AMD A6 3500
4GB Value-ram

Thats all thats really relevant so far.

So basically I've researched this issue and found that this is common with Asrock motherboards but it happens with other manufacturers as well. There was also a thread about it here, but I'm already running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and it still happens.

Basically when I do a shutdown with Windows (or a Hibernate for that matter), the machine doesn't seem to fully enter S5. The CPU and PSU fan are still on, and the power light is on as well.

Here is what I did to troubleshoot:
  1. Upgraded to latest bios (I was 1 version behind)
  2. Unplugged case cables for USB etc
  3. Used another PSU, brand new fresh from the store
  4. turned all ACPI features off in the UEFI

So far no fix yet. I've googled it, and I haven't found a resolution at all. Anyone know what else I could try? Thanks in advance for the help!

i had this happen before a few years back the only thing that fixed it was reinstalling the OS but i think it was just a problem with vista,but if its not to much trouble for you you might want to try a fresh install.

Might want to RMA the motherboard if this has been happening since you got it and its still fairly new.
could only be a problem with the motherboard i would think at this point.

Back