• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Installing Drivers for Maximus 5 Gene

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Viper69

I've installed my OS, and moving through the list of drivers on the support CD for install.

Curious, how do I know if they installed properly? Granted the sound card can be checked by plugging in my speakers. But what about other things like LAN, USB3.0 drivers, Intel Chipset Driver, and Asmedia SATA Controller Driver

How would I know if they installed properly?

Usually if you don't have error sign in devices manager then it's ok.
When you connect USB device to USB port and it's working then it's ok.
When you connect LAN cable to LAN port and it's working then it's ok.
There are newer chipset drivers on Intel site. Better get them from there.
Generally better get drivers from chip producer's site than from ASUS download center mainly because ASUS is not updating their site too often.
At least for this board they already stopped to improve BIOS and probably won't add many new drivers.

ASUS works like ... they are releasing new product, make product promotion for 2 months with lot of updates etc and then they are moving to something else ( in this case they moved to MVF/E ). Most their products have almost no updates after about half year after release.

Usually if you don't have error sign in devices manager then it's ok.
When you connect USB device to USB port and it's working then it's ok.
When you connect LAN cable to LAN port and it's working then it's ok.
There are newer chipset drivers on Intel site. Better get them from there.
Generally better get drivers from chip producer's site than from ASUS download center mainly because ASUS is not updating their site too often.
At least for this board they already stopped to improve BIOS and probably won't add many new drivers.

ASUS works like ... they are releasing new product, make product promotion for 2 months with lot of updates etc and then they are moving to something else ( in this case they moved to MVF/E ). Most their products have almost no updates after about half year after release.

Thanks for the tip on ASUS, didn't realize they didn't update to frequently.

Figures I wrote sound be easy. I installed everything I believe for sound, and nothing is working for sound. The software appears to be there completely too. I posted in the sound forum here Sound Problem

Back